It seemed only perfect to do some baking.
Back on Valentine's Day I blogged the vegan ganache truffles I made. My daughter noticed I still had some chocolate in the freezer, so she suggested I make some vegan chocolate chunk cookies. How do you argue with that?
While I didn't exactly have chocolate chips, we did 'chunks' out of the vegan (dairy free) chocolate I had.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp almond milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate - chocolate chips, chunks, bark chopped up....etc.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the coconut oil (I melt mine in the microwave) ; brown sugar, then add the almond milk.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients. It's a dry dough...meaning it's crumbly. When you make the balls for the cookies, it all comes together. Then fold in the chocolate & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on a cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
Chopping the chocolate!
The chopped chocolate is just chunked and
There they are!
Don't forget to visit www.dawnmoodydesign.com for some great deals, awesome gifts, one of a kind and custom items including home decor and jewelry!